Electronic, Digital & Magnetic Ballasts for HID Grow Lights – Minneapolis St Paul, MN
The heart of any grow light system is the ballast that drives the grow light bulb. In today’s grow light technology, ballasts need to be switchable between High Pressure Sodium (HPS) and Metal Halide (MH) bulbs to allow growers to switch bulb types for different stages of plant growth. Virtually all of the electronic, digital and magnetic ballasts sold at our Minnesota grow light store are switchable, giving you maximum flexibility. We feature HID ballasts, both electronic and magnetic from Sun System along with Hydrofarm’s Phantom digital ballasts, and maintain a large stock of these ballasts at our gardening supplies store in Minneapolis. Our volume purchasing lets us pass along great prices to our customers.
- Sun System Galaxy Select-A-Watt Electronic Ballast 400w / 600w / 1000w (Best-Seller) – This electronic ballast from Sun System does it all! No matter what HID grow lamp you select, just switch to 400, 600, or 1000w power. It’s switchable to support HPS and MH bulbs from all manufacturers. You can dim 1000w bulbs, too, and this electronic ballast is generator ready. Its lamp cord receptacle is compatible with all Sun System reflectors. The exclusive Turbo Charge feature lets you get more life from aging 1000w bulbs. With a 5-year warranty, the Galaxy Select-A-Watch electronic ballast is durable, flexible, silent, and adapts to any grow light need. It’s the one ballast that does it all.
- 99% Efficiency – 5%-12% more efficient than older ballasts.
- Increased Lamp Life – Soft starting extends bulb life.
- HPS / MH Switchable – Power all grow light bulbs.
- Turbo Charge – Gets the most from aging 1000w (only) bulbs.
- Heat-Dissipating Housings – Extruded, finned-housings keep their cool.
- Smart-Volt Capability – Just change cords for 120v, 208v, and 220v power.
- Built-in Circuit Breaker – Protect against short circuits. Simple reset.
- Silent Operation – Eliminate annoying hum from your ballasts.
- Sun System Galaxy Select-A-Watt Electronic Ballast 250w / 400w – For lower-power grow light needs, our top choice is Sun System’s 250w / 400w Digital Select-A-Watt ballast. Supporting both MH and HPS bulbs in both 250w and 400w sizes, it offers all the great features of the larger Select-A-Watt Digital Ballast, including Turbo Charge for 400w bulbs only.
- Sun System 10 Crop Master Magnetic Ballasts – For maximum economy, some growers still prefer magnetic ballasts, and Sun System offers two lines of these ballasts at great low prices. Sun System 10 Crop Master Ballasts are a great choice when price is your main consideration. Incorporating all the quality engineering and design of all Sun System ballasts, these economical magnetic ballasts are available in 400w, 600w, and 1000w models. Their extruded aluminum finned enclosures quickly get rid of heat, and all support both 120-volt and 240-volt operation with just a cord change. The 400w and 1000w models are switchable to support both HPS and MH lamps.
- Hydrofarm Phantom Electronic Ballasts – Phantom digital ballasts from Hydrofarm have arrived on the market as the most rigorously tested digital ballasts in the industry. Silent operation, lightweight design, and the ability to be mounted in multiple positions are just some of the features that make these ballasts a popular choice with growers. Competitively priced, they are available in four models, 250w, 400w, 600w, and 1000w. Features include:
- Push-button dimming lets you choose your light level.
- Hot re-strike capability protects lamps after power failures.
- Resettable circuit breakers.
- HPS and MH lamp switchable compatibility.
- Can be mounted vertically to save space.
- Universal reflector adapter and 8′ cord included.
- Internal RF protection.
- Triple surface aluminum fins for efficient cooling.
- Silent Operation
Electronic Ballasts & Magnetic Ballasts for Minneapolis St. Paul Growers
Today’s grow light ballasts are the result of years of engineering and improvements. The experts at our Minnesota grow light store have personally researched the available products on the market and have chosen the very best to offer their customers. We’ll be happy to help you select the ideal ballast for any grow light need, and discuss all ballast features with you. Just come into our conveniently located Northeast Minneapolis store location. You’ll find everything you need for your growing project and won’t have to wait for products to be shipped to you. You’ll love our prices, too.